viernes, 31 de julio de 2020

Writing an essay about my career

¿What is the sociology? ¿What is the job of a sociologist? Many times, I have heard questions like these from my friends and family, but I have to say that far from finding answers, this raises my own questions about the career that I choose.

In this essay, I will defend the idea that the sociology is a social area full of theory, but it is fully understood in practice. First, I am going to explain some limitations of sociology to continue what I consider real sociology.

In the academy, is very easy define sociology with theoretical references and a long debate can be generated about it. The schools and theoretical lines are many, but in my opinion, this is limited to a uniquely abstract dimension of this social science.

On the one hand, I recognize a “risk” when we investigate about any topic, because a lot of times we “fall” in academicism and technical term. This is a disadvantage because generate a kind of distance between the academy and the people or phenomenon that we study even when our knowledge and studies must be at the service of them.

On the other hand, I think the sociology is created among all society. When you investigate a social group or an institution or any phenomenon, you must go with a disposition to learn from them. The real sociological knowledge is created by the hand of the people with which you are. For that reason, is into the practice and in the contact with people where you are making sociology, always thinking about their well-being and with a view that offers real solutions to the social problems they face.

As a summary, the sociology cannot be restricted to an academy area. The sociology must provide solutions to social problems and contribute to generating new and better public policies that approach on the needs of people.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Writing an essay about my career

¿What is the sociology? ¿What is the job of a sociologist? Many times, I have heard questions like these from my friends and family, but I h...